Field Safety Manager
BTC East is looking for a Field Safety Manager out of Mobile, AL!
For over 50 years, Bulk Transport Company East, Inc. has delivered a full suite of transportation services to our clients while providing drivers and non-drivers with fulfilling careers.
The Field Safety Training Manger coaches CDL Drivers in the transportation safety management process to include securement and hazmat operations in both tank and bulk within our network. They coordinate with Safety/Compliance in the implementation and training for CMV operators and operations management.
They interact with and directly influences the behavior, performance, and knowledge base of our of CMV operators. Serves in a role enabling regional, and local managers knowledge to address Safety and FMCSA regulatory issues impacting the transportation organization.
Responsibilities of a Field Safety Training Manager:
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations regarding transportation safety.
- Coach drivers and field management on all FMCSA regulations, accident prevention, and safety/compliance management processes.
- Auditing all safety and compliance processes. (HazMat – Bulk and Tank and Securement)
- Help conduct or assist in new hire orientation.
- Work with customers in association with operations management, on all matters that might affect the safe operation of the fleet and staff.
- Ensure continual driver training in all aspects.
- Ensure vehicle inspection hands on training is completed with every driver.
- Ensure all drivers/management are trained in Smartdrive/Peoplenet operations.
- Ensure all are trained in accident prevention.
- Ensure all managers are trained in the safety/compliance reporting process, and in the operation of all technology provided for monitoring and reporting.
- In addition, this role is responsible to support the safety & training and compliance departmental goals and objectives in a timely and effectively manner.
- Proficient in DOT FMCSA Hours of Service Rules
- Partner with Operations to gain results
- Deliver positive recognition to change behavior effectively
- Follow up with drivers as necessary to achieve optimal results for effectiveness and recognition
- Coordinate other driver issues that are presented as a part of this process
- Help and support the Safety & Training/Compliance Team
- Promote and educate employees on safety culture, educate proper safe work habits and process/procedures
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot for proper use of fleet installed safety technologies with driving staff and other departments.
- Document training sessions in various company systems and file training documents into driver employee files utilizing electronic scanning equipment and software.
Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Qualifications of a Field Safety Training Manager:
- Three years or more experience in DOT/FMCSA CDL-A driver training.
- 50% overnight travel.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
- Ability to generate reports and interpret data
- Previous experience in personal development and safety training.
- Excellent presentation skills. Be able to communicate in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Working knowledge of vehicle and control systems.
- Ability to work with people.
- Working knowledge of the Hours of Service.
- Neat and clean appearance.
- Know and adhere to Company procedures and guidelines.
- The ability to read, write legibly and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to understand receipts, maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Ability to complete all evaluation forms properly and timely.
- General computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus
- Southeast and Midwest South Central footprint.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- DOT/FMCSA CDL-A Driver Training: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)